Under minimal supervision, provides support, training, development,
and maintenance of data systems and applications within Materials Management Department and expertise of enterprise systems infrastructure,
including planning, administering, and implementing all Information Technology/Information Systems requirements. Manage systems, coordinates
and resolves problems on network applications, client/server, databases and standalone PC. Performs systems administration related duties
with a primary focus on enterprise IT/IS infrastructure (storage, email, virtualization, databases) and other core layer technologies.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all IT/IS infrastructure including storage, applications, databases, email services, systems management, network resources and server/virtual infrastructure
- Implement and configure highly available infrastructure including design and test of fail-over services, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, load balancing, etc.
- Performs multi-tiered incident, change management, problem resolution, and end-user support
- Continuously identifies opportunities for process and quality improvement and implements applicable technologies and/or process changes.
- Implement and configure systems management and proactive monitoring tools; troubleshoots and resolves identified telecommunication and network issues.
- Document all systems administration processes and installation procedures
- Attends key local meetings with Clients (kick-off meetings, bi-annual meetings with client / suppliers)
- Interfaces with internal and external customers and vendors to determine network infrastructure needs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots all network resources including servers, network infrastructure, virtual infrastructure, storage, applications, and sub-systems
- Automate tasks and improve operational efficiencies by designing VBS, PowerShell or related scripts